A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Applications Programming – Practice Support team helps translate PwC’s business requirements through efficient and effective Information Technology software applications. We design, develop, test, and implement sophisticated software applications in support of the firms needs and requirements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
* Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
* Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
* Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
* Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
* Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
* Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
* Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
* Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
* Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
* Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
* Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
4 year(s) of progressive roles focused on information technology applications and its overall impact on business strategies and productivity.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in multiple of the following technical development areas:
* Understanding of Node/Express 10 or better;
* Working with Application Integrations using RESTful web services;
* Articulating SQL Databases (MS Sql, MySql, etc) and/or NoSQL Databases (Mongo, Cosmos, etc.);
* Utilizing Cloud-based platforms and services such as Azure (preferred), GCP and/or AWS;
* Driving continuous integration/continuous deployment such as ADO (preferred) Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradle, Ant;
* Understanding microservice architecture and container based development using Kubernetes & Docker; and,
* Thinking analytically with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues.
Demonstrates understanding of related development areas:
* Working with HTML5, CSS3;
* Understanding SPA and front end frameworks (Angular, React, Vue etc);
* Driving mobile application development and deployment;
* Using source control with Git and GitHub;
* Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative and waterfall to support the success of the larger IT organization;
* Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models, while demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends;
* Displaying initiative and an ability to develop applications in a self-directed and self-disciplined manner with minimal direction;
* Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create competitive advantage to PwC;
* Working collaboratively with other developers, including participating in code reviews;
* Communicating effectively both verbally and written with project team members;
* Providing coaching and technical mentoring to more junior developers;
* Using robust analytic thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues;
* Staying current in emerging technology trends;
* Collaborating with other developers by participating in code reviews;
* Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues;
* Providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines;
* Understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance, and data; and,
* Understanding microservice architecture and distributed processing patterns.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy:
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
UnitedHealth Group is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all,...Apply For This Job
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives....Apply For This Job
Careers at Rally Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our mission at Rally® is to...Apply For This Job
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role* *Position is bonus eligible* Prestigious Financial Institution Company is...Apply For This Job
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about building quality software. Why Join Us? * Build...Apply For This Job
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|