At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
The Global Radar Software Products Departments mission is to provide world class Radar Software to be used in military systems deployed at sea and on land. Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms
As a Sr. Software Engineer your mission will be to provide world class Radar Software to be used in military systems deployed at sea and on land. As a member of the Radar Software Product Line team, you will provide impact to programs across the company’s portfolio. Our software teams employ an Agile software development methodology to rapidly design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
An advanced degree can be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience. A Ph.D. can account for 5 years of experience as required for this position. This position can be filled in either Marlborough MA or Tewksbury MA.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
* Develop robust and scalable software in C++ running Linux or UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms using Agile development methods to include implementation of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions,
* Design, implement, debug and problem solve Radar Software Applications while providing feedback to other team members
* Help improve code quality by supporting software integration, verification and performing code reviews
* Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
* Work in a team environment with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
* Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule along with other duties as assigned
Qualifications You Must Have:
Education: BS or BA degree in a STEM degree including Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or related
* 5+ years’ experience in all phases of Software Engineering life cycle
* Experience with C++, and Linux or UNIX experience
* Linux or UNIX experience
* Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
* Broad real-time, multi-threaded software development experience
* The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Education: Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
* Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
* Radar domain knowledge
* Software development experience with a Signal Processing application
* Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance
* Strong problem solving ability
* Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS, Google Test
* Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML; Broad real-time, multi-threaded software development experience
* Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
* Six Sigma Specialist certification
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply Now Job Description Summary:Duties for this role include but not limited to: Code and unit test changes to computer...Apply For This Job
Are you interested in a Software Development Internship Program? Year Up is a one-year, intensive program that provides young adults...Apply For This Job
Category: Information TechnologyLocation: Roy, UtahUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesClearance Type: Top SecretTelecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this...Apply For This Job
About Us: Raytheon Technologies is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout...Apply For This Job
Description: SEMCON provides a highly qualified, professional, and responsive technical and managerial workforce to satisfy customer requirements that support the...Apply For This Job
Are you interested in an Entry Level Software Developer Role? Year Up is a one-year, intensive program that provides young...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.