We are seeking a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer to join our product development team in our Santa Barbara Corporate offices. Under the general supervision of the Director of Software Engineering, Sr. Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for developing software solutions for our next-generation commercial thermal imaging products. This position will be the focal point for HW/SW integration, requiring a self-driven engineer with strong initiative. Ideal candidates will enjoy creating software and ultimately delivering high-quality products.
· The Sr. Embedded Software Engineer will architect, implement, and maintain complex software for thermal imaging products while working with product development and production teams.
· Write clean, easy-to-understand, robust, and sustainable code.
· Investigate, select, and document technical approaches.
· Bring up and debug proof-of-concept prototypes quickly.
· Thoroughly document and support implemented code.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C for embedded systems. Familiarity with MATLAB, C++, C#, Python and/or related languages desired.
· Experience implementing embedded software in bare-metal, RTOS, or Linux environments.
· Experience with interfacing microcontrollers with analog/digital circuits and sensors. Familiarity with visible and thermal sensors desired.
· Experience bringing-up and debugging PC boards, including ability to read board schematics, use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
· Experience developing process tools and documentation (QA test, production software, etc.).
· Knowledge of standard communication protocols (e.g. SPI, I2C, UART, USB, Bluetooth).
· Knowledge of wireless technology such as WiFi and Bluetooth desired.
· Ability to make critical decisions, effectively lead tasks, and meet challenging deadlines.
· Ability to build strong relationships and effectively partner with others.
· Ability to multi-task in a rapid paced environment.
· Strong communication abilities, both verbally and written.
· Strong Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Must have strong analytical skills.
· Knowledge of thermal imaging, analysis, measurements, and testing desired.
· Familiar with industry standard software management tools for version control and issue tracking.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education and experience)
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field with at least 7-10 years professional engineering experience. In unique cases, extensive work experience can substitute for BS degree requirements.
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role* Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking an Sr....Apply For This Job
Lead Software Engineers sought by American Bankers Insurance Company of FL in Wayne, PA. Analyze software requirements, design, code, test,...Apply For This Job
What you’ll do… At H&R Block we are modernizing our software architecture which is generating a need for more talent....Apply For This Job
US-TN-Nashville Job ID: 25Category: Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Overview We’re SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they’ll...Apply For This Job
Systems Analysts, Software Developers PalindromTech, LLC McKinney, TX PalindromTech, LLC McKinney, TX, seeks Syst. Analysts, Soft. Devlprs. (roving employment). Visit...Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Mobile Software Engineer (iOS) – Mid Level for our San Antonio,...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.