Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, best-in-class Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management, Threat Hunting and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff and technology helps shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture, flexible remote work options, as well as generous on-site perks. The company was named to the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list in 2019 and 2020 and is among the top 25 in the Cleveland Metro Market. Additionally, Binary Defense received the prestigious recognition by Forrester as being a Leader in Managed Detection & Response. At the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s Best of Tech Awards, Binary Defense was recognized as the Tech Company of the Year and Best Tech Services Company in Northeast Ohio.
About the Role
This role will be critical in helping the organization reach its development roadmap goals and support a product experiencing rapid growth. We are seeking a talented, collaborative, high-energy individual who has deep and diverse technology expertise. The ideal candidate has significant experience building distributed solutions that are of high quality, scalable, reliable, and fast.
As a remote-friendly team, we default to trust and expect the best from each other. We thrive when we cooperate with each other to deliver timely and effective work. We do our best to help everyone bring their whole selves to work, encourage diversity, and support family-friendliness and flexibility in our schedule.
· Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree. Equivalent real-world experience would be acceptable in lieu of degree
· 7+ years of hands-on software development experience
· Experience successfully working with distributed teams
· Successfully worked with teams following a mix of delivery processes (Kanban, Scrum, XP, LeSS, SAFe, etc.)
· Experience using Python for Software Development
· Experience doing Windows Application Development
· Experience using the Win32 API from a higher-level language
· Experience using git as a source code management tool
· Experience with incremental delivery of features as part of a Software Development Life Cycle
· Experience using macOS as a Development Platform – all engineers are provided a MacBook Pro
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Interest in learning other languages in addition to Python
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Ability to imagine yourself in the customer’s shoes
· Working knowledge of agile engineering practices such as CI/CD, automated unit testing, automated acceptance testing, test driven development (TDD), pair programming, feature teams, refactoring, collective code ownership, building in vertical slices, code reviews, etc.
· Technologist – Knowledge and interest in the latest system architecture, automation, cloud, and advanced technology trends with the ability to rapidly learn and apply new technology. Strong ability to share and teach to accelerate the team’s adoption of new technologies.
· Calculated Risk Taker – Understands that end user satisfaction is a balance between features, service, and performance.
· Collaborative – Works closely with team members and stakeholders to understand needs, gain perspective, and collectively deliver solutions with a shared purpose.
· Enthusiastic – must be high-energy and a passionate advocate for quickly delivering value.
· Adaptive and Inclusive – works with team members to understand pain points and adjust standards, tools, and best practices accordingly. Learns from the team and adjusts with a focus on enablement.
· Attitude of transparency – must desire to bring disclosure and transparency.
· Creativity, initiative, and flexibility – tempered by pragmatism, patience, and attention to detail.
· Creative problem-solver – Ability to look at solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognize opportunities to innovate, and engage partners in a vision and strategy while maintaining the “big picture” view
· Commitment to continuous improvement. Ability to dynamically adjust the plan, to resolve impediments as well as to meet changing business needs.
· Accountable – must embody a strong sense of responsibility for the timely completion of tasks, as well as the responsibility to ensure a shared understanding of shared tasks.
· Approaches work with a strong sense of urgency.
· Experience in cybersecurity and intelligence
· Knowledge of application security practices
· Previous experience building applications that are deployed on servers and end user machines
· Knowledge of cloud and container technology (e.g. AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes)
· Experience with Cython
· Experience with ctypes in Python
· Experience with C/C++
· Experience writing PowerShell Scripts
· Experience with creating and maintaining MSIs
· Experience with GitLab
· Experience with VSCode
· Experience with Vagrant
· Experience integrating with Web Applications
· Experience with Windows Code Signing
Description: Toyon has openings for deep learning researchers and algorithm developers to solve challenging problems for image, video, and other...Apply For This Job
Raytheon is a premier engineering company that provides technical solutions in software development and systems engineering that address security challenges....Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Java Software Engineers- Jr. Level for our Phoenix, AZ location, for teams...Apply For This Job
World Centric is a highly mission driven company that seeks to have a meaningful impact on people and planet through...Apply For This Job
Description: Position Summary The Software Engineer will provide technical expertise and execution for various software and firmware projects supporting the...Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Java Software Engineers – Sr. Level for our Phoenix, AZ facility, for...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.