At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
As a Sr. Software Safety Engineer, you’re an integral part of a team responsible for the design/development process. Your multi-disciplinary team is responsible for software safety on a large scale, real-time Radar program, and you’ll influence both software and hardware parts of the system.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
* Conducting Safety Analyses and documenting results (Preliminary Hazards List/Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Hazard Tracking Logs, Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Safety Assessment Report)
* Documenting hazards and maintain Hazard Tracking System
* Developing Software Safety Requirements and providing requirements analysis and flow-down of Safety requirements and attributes in the Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
* Supporting change review boards
* Participating in System Safety Working Groups and Technical Interchange Meetings
* Developing Technical Data Packages and Presentations for Safety Board Reviews
* Representing System Safety Engineering and presenting results of safety analyses at formal program design reviews
* Partner verification procedures to ensure Safety Significant requirements are tested at the proper level of rigor
* Ensuring tasks are completed on time and within budget
This position can be a Salary Grade P3 or a Salary Grade P4 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
For a Salary Grade P3: An advanced degree in a related field and minimum 3 years’ experience may be considered for this role. A PhD can account for 5 years of experience as required for this role.
For a Salary Grade P4: An advance degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of experience may be considered for this role.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Education: BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Chemistry
* 5+ years’ experience as a Software Safety Engineer, Software Engineer, System Safety Engineer, Systems Engineer or equivalent
* The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
* Experience working with U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Air Force combat/weapon systems and Ordnance
* Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (including Agile and/or Waterfall)
* Experience developing and verifying system or software requirements
* Use of tools, such as Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) database tool, Clearcase, Windchill Product Data Manager (PDM), Jenkins
* Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system safety engineering and combat/weapon systems design
* Experience planning, performing analyses, and reporting results IAW MIL-STD-882
* Knowledge of MIL-HDBK-454, MIL-STD-1472, MIL-STD-1474, Missile Defense Agency Assurance Provisions (MAP), MIL-STD-464, Joint Software System Safety Committee (JSSSC) Handbook, MIL-STD-1425, and AMCOM 385-17.
* Experience Software System Safety Technical Review Panels (SSSTRP) or Software Materiel Release activities
* Experience with Earned Value (EV) Management
* Experience developing proposals and basis of estimates
* Strong communication and writing skills
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Sr. Engineer, Systems Engineering / Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Java Software Engineers- Jr. Level for our Phoenix, AZ location, for teams...Apply For This Job
World Centric is a highly mission driven company that seeks to have a meaningful impact on people and planet through...Apply For This Job
Raytheon is a premier engineering company that provides technical solutions in software development and systems engineering that address security challenges....Apply For This Job
Helm LLC is seeking an advanced level Software Developer to join our IT team. In this position you will play...Apply For This Job
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.