Leidos is looking for a talented and experienced Lead Software Developer with multi-discipline skills to join a large, dynamic program in Rockville/Gaithersburg, Maryland. The candidate will work on a small, highly skilled team developing and delivering mission critical applications and infrastructure, working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System. ERAM is committed to assisting the FAA customer advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is also vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundation for NexGen functions.
Lead Software Developer Responsibilities:
• Interface with Software Architect & customers to collect, communicate, and understand requirements.
• Design and develop web applications from determining business requirements to planning and deploying test and production systems
• Maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the web servers.
• Maintain, develop and implement performance tuning of the web servers.
• Coordinates web server architecture changes with cross-orgs engineers.
• Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
• Meet expected deadlines so to ensure continued performance of systems.
• Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical teams.
• Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational/training/mentoring activities. Provide mentorship to group members and help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
• Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Infrequently apply production changes during non-peak hours and support critical issues that arise during off hours.
• Requires Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or similar field with a minimum of 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience
• Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams, internal customers, and external customers.
• Familiar with managing database and web server infrastructure through the entire lifecycle from design/development through delivery and operational support.
• Provide highly technical expertise in providing business application solutions.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, have the ability to multi-task and adapt to change, and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Additionally, the candidate
• Highly motivated, very detailed oriented, creative, effective, supportive, talented and a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of assigned tasks, independently determine the approach to fixing problems, coach junior engineers through solutions, and push to closure on scheduled milestones.
• At least 3 years’ experience provisioning and managing web servers, including Nginx and Tomcat
• At least 5 years’ experience developing software using either Ruby or Groovy
• At least 3 years’ experience developing web applications using either Rails, Grails, or JPA
• Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Proficient in SQL, HTML, CSS, Java, Groovy, Ruby, Python, Rails, Grails, Hibernate, JPA, Database Management, Data Maintenance, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Requirements Analysis, Attention to Detail, Database Security, Developing Standards, Database Performance Tuning, Operating Systems
• Experience with MySQL Database Administration
• Experience with data architecture, logical and physical design, reporting and analysis
• Experience with database tuning to accommodate complex queries against large databases with more than a million records
• Experience with designing disaster recovery strategies and backup and archival processes
• Experience with designing access and control policies
• Experience with database clustering strategies
• Knowledge of cloud services and data storage
• Familiar with Database Security Accreditation processes
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Cloud Data Warehouse
• Experience with provisioning and managing Jetty
• Desirable experience with administering and customizing Atlassian tools
Principal Software Engineer / Architect Arcules is changing the video surveillance market and moving customers to a smarter, more reliable...Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Software Engineer I for our San Antonio, TX facility. This person may...Apply For This Job
Job Description This position is at a company that works to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities, and governments....Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Software Engineer Lead for a 100% Remote Work Environment. Provides support to...Apply For This Job
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and...Apply For This Job
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|