Are you interested in working on an exciting Air Force Vanguard program? The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) is seeking a Mid-Level Software Engineer for a position in Dayton, OH. The Software Engineer will work with other engineers on the Leidos team to design and implement aircraft autonomy and supporting software for the Air Force Vanguard program Skyborg. Leidos is currently under contract to create a reference architecture and implementation for the core autonomy system that will autonomously control low-cost, teamed aircraft to provide pilots with key data to support rapid, informed decisions.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for working with other engineers to design, implement, and test object-oriented C++ software to support the Skyborg autonomy suite. The job may also involve the creation of test harnesses, Python scripts, shell scripts, etc. The Software Engineer will be part of an Agile software development team, which is in the early stages of building the autonomy system.
This work is primarily located in Dayton, OH. However, working remotely from the Arlington, VA or Huntsville, AL Leidos offices is possible with occasional travel to Dayton, OH.
• Work as a team member on an Agile sprint team
• Update software designs
• Implement object-oriented C++ software
• Write unit test code
• Contribute to the creation of Interface Control Documents, Application Programming Interfaces, and other documentation
• Participate in peer reviews of design, code, and documentation
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or other science discipline and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience developing software for a service-oriented architecture
• Experience developing object-oriented C++ software
• Working knowledge of common development tools in Linux environments
• Team player who can work with software developers across multiple companies
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
• Experience designing and developing software components in an Agile Scrum environment
• Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, continuous integration, etc.)
• Open Mission Systems (OMS) experience
• Experience with CentOS
• Experience working with airborne systems
• Familiarity working with issues in Jira
• Experience working with airborne systems
• Experience developing autonomous systems
External Referral Bonus: Eligible
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Level Required: Secret
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Requisition Category: Professional
Job Family: Software Engineering
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.