Location: Boulder, Colorado
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Positions Available: 3
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it’s about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Algorithms, Performance, and Analysis team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Tracking Algorithm Engineer 3/4 based out of Boulder, CO.
The engineer will be responsible for researching and identifying complex, multi-disciplinary problems, breaking into components, and designing and implementing algorithm solutions for a broad range of sensor exploitation activities. Sensor output shall be used for identification, characterization, interpretation, and change detection of objects and events. Work will include planning and executing team projects, developing work packages, developing prototypes and customer demonstrations, in addition to analyzing algorithm performance, subsystems, and interfaces. The engineer will also be expected to report status to colleagues, including customers and management.
The engineer must have a working knowledge of sensors, with respect to focal plane resolution, sensitivity, and line of sight considerations for the purpose of tracking. Existing general knowledge of visible or IR focal planes and other sensor systems engineering experience is desirable. Development is in C/C++ in a spiral development framework, using Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) across multiple operating systems.
The engineer will participate in technical peer reviews and work with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) as well as be cognizant of algorithm development and integration issues. The engineer must communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings. S/He will represent the organization as a technical POC and may have frequent inter-organizational and customer contacts.
This position includes:
• Tool and software development using C/C++ in a spiral development framework
• Experience with configuration management software, including ClearCase/ClearQuest
• Generation of applicable documentation
• Providing problem resolution and improvement recommendations with strong time management skills
• Travel to NG and Government locations within U.S.
• Additional responsibilities which may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
· Health Plan
· Savings Plan
· Paid Time Off
· Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
• Level 3 Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline and 5 years of related experience; 3 years of related experience with a Masters; 0 years of related experience with a PhD • Level 4 Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline and 9 years of related experience; 7 years of related experience with a Masters; 4 years of related experience with a PhD • Experience with C/C++ software language, development tools, and integrated development environments (IDEs)
• SW algorithm development experience for complex, mathematically intensive systems
• DoD Secret clearance that is or has been active within the last two years
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD TS/SCI clearance
• Ability to travel on occasion to Northrop Grumman and customer locations
• Basic skills in Matlab or Python and system modeling
• Experience in tracking and prediction algorithms, simulation, validation, and algorithms
• Ground systems experience in mission processing, ground communications, and space operations
• Experience in the numerical implementation of motion filters.
• Familiarity with Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) sensors and simulations
• Experience with APL2, PERL, STK, or logging and parsing tools
• Linux experience
• Strong statistical background and skills
• Experience with model-based engineering
• DoD TS/SCI clearance that is or has been active within the last two years Salary Minimum for Colorado location: $101,200
Salary Maximum for Colorado location: $151,800 Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.